You could know
your entire life.
Be able to remember
each one of their imperfections
like the birth mark behind their ear
they constantly try to hide
Yet stare into their soul
as through ice.
And not be able to identify
- Stop taking naps every time you leave the house.
- Exercise. Go outside.
- Don’t take small things so seriously.
- Stop pontificating and get off your ass.
- Stop avoiding blank pieces of paper. They can’t hurt you.
- Do something WORTHWHILE.
- Quit feeling sorry for yourself while life is still
- Make something up.
- Write something inappropriate.
- Take more pictures; develop more film.
- Get rained on sometime.
- Wear something that’s not grey or solid-coloured.
- Don’t apologise if you have nothing to be sorry for.
- Stop doubting yourself. You’re HERE.
- Bike more often.
- Don’t be mean to people who treat you well.
- Do what you do, and then do it better tomorrow.
- Write some damn thank-you notes already.
- Be open to new music.
- Play more, sing more— it feels good.
- Do nothing in excess, except excel.
- Eat more pizza, drink more coffee.
- Don’t be ashamed of your feelings.
- Stop being afraid of fucking up. It’s summertime.
Needed this reminder.